So for the first evening in quite a while, I got off work in plenty of time to sit out in the evening on the patio with some knitting. Work has been really busy. In truth, that is a good thing. I took on what was a growth position, and by golly, we have been growing. But I digress.
It has been a few years since I aspired to make an all handmade Christmas, but this is the year. I am quite proud of myself so far, as I feel that I am right on track for having something made by my hands for all the important people in my life. I have been crocheting, knitting and weaving up a storm! My current knitting project is a scarf called Saroyan, by Liz Abinante. It is simple enough to not pay real close attention about 80% of the time, and the other 20% you need to pay attention to the shaping of the leaf border. It has been a nice, enjoyable, but low stress project. It is over halfway done, and I am already planning the next project.

IMG_0345.JPG
I know I won’t get much patio time tomorrow evening as it looks to be a long day, but you can bet I will be out here in the mornings with my coffee this weekend, making life DIY. Are you making a handmade Christmas this year? I would love to hear about it!

Advertisements